The Nashville Jazz Workshop is offering an incredible line up of Summer Classes for all skill levels in 3-week mini sessions to accommodate summer vacation schedules. For those working on completing their NJW certificates, this is an excellent opportunity to earn class credits in half the time at half the price.
Two classes are of special note in the June Summer session, June 11-28:
Drummer Chester Thompson (Mothers of Invention, Weather Report, Genesis) will be teaching “Jazz Fusion Drumset” on Tuesdays at 8pm. This is a priceless opportunity to learn from one of the originators of the genre!
Pianist and arranger Pat Coil (Carman McRae, Natalie Cole, Woody Herman, Michael McDonald) will be teaching “Inside the Music” on Tuesdays at 8pm. Pat’s experience in the music industry, in multiple genres, is extensive and unparalleled. This class will be an interactive study of some the most-played jazz standards from a soloist’s perspective and is not to be missed!
But in addition to Mr. Thompson and Mr. Coil, all of our instructors are seasoned music veterans and highly qualified to assist you in your growth as a musician. We still have openings in the following June classes:
Mondays, starting June 11:
– 6pm: “How to Learn Tunes” w/Evan Cobb
– 8pm: “Vocal Literature: “The Great Unknown Composers” with Lori Mechem
– 8pm: “Small Ensemble” (Two sections offered)
Tuesdays, starting June 12
– 8pm: “Vocal Literature: “The Great Unknown Composers” with Christina Watson
– 6pm: “Introduction to Jazz Singing” with Joe Freel
– 6pm: “Saxophone Master Class” with Evan Cobb (6/12), Rahsaan Barber (6/19), Mark Douthit (6/26)
– 8pm: Master Class: “Jazz Fusion Drumset” with Chester Thompson
– 8pm: Advanced Instrumental Master Class: “Inside the Music” with Pat Coil
Wednesdays, starting June 13
– 6pm: “Vocal Improvisation” with Liz Johnson – 6pm
– 6pm: Intros and Endings with Lori Mechem – 6pm
– 8pm: “Beginning Sight-reading” with Roger Spencer
– 8pm: Master Class: “Singing for Instrumentalists” with Liz Johnson
– 8pm: Small Ensemble with Jonathan Wires
Thursday, June 14, 6-9pm,
“Chart Writing” with Liz Johnson
Thursday, June 28, 6-9pm,
“Produce and Promote Your Music” with Dara Tucker and Greg Bryant
email email@example.com, or call 615-242-5299.
Tuition for 3-week classes is $125, 1/2 the regular session price!
Our one-session classes on June 14 and 28 are $50.00 each.